The mission of our Learning and Development Programs is to provide the youth with strategies, soft skills, and support needed to achieve their career aspirations, regardless of their background. We believe young people have unique experiences, strengths, and talents. When provided a dedicated environment to help them achieve their goals; it’s amazing when given the chance to develop new skills to help build on their natural strengths. If you believe the same thing, then let us show you how we can help.
CPS Youth Employment Accelerator
- Many of our youth do not have the basic skills to search for employment, complete an employment application, prepare for a job interview, or maintain successful employment.
- These type of workforce skills are typically not taught in high school. There is no curriculum to address this gap in development for students.
- Sansa Solutions provides a robust workforce skills development program that will prepare students to enter into the workforce. The Youth Employment Accelerator teaches high school juniors and seniors the necessary skills to seek, secure, and excel in the work place.
- This program provides the tools and techniques to help prepare students with the skills required to thrive, supplements their core educational curriculum, and supports their aptitude in their academic pursuits and career aspirations.
- The Youth Employment Accelerator is dedicated to mentoring, empowering and teaching all students regardless of prior experience or skill-level.
Oak Park Youth Skills Initiative
The Oak Park Youth Skills Initiative is designed to address youth unemployment by providing training to help them learn the life skills and techniques necessary to find and obtain employment. The week-long workshops are sponsored by Oak Park Village – Department of Community Relations.
Program participants will learn skills required to communicate effectively with hiring personnel by engaging in exercises that challenge the mind and develop the ability to promote their marketable experience.
- Village of Oak Park residents ages 15-18 in or out of school.
Finding a job can be a challenge for the youth. They must determine what careers are available, what their interests are, and what skills they have or need to develop. Numerous resources are available to help youth get a sense of their interest and skills as well as gain employment experience and learn about employment opportunities.